News & Updates
February 21, 2018
- Is clinically shown to reduce joint stiffness within 3 days*
- Is clinically shown to reduce joint discomfort within 5 days*
- Is clinically shown to increase range of motion and physical function within 7 days*
- Supports joint health through a multi-pronged mechanism of action*
- Backed by two randomized, double-blind human clinical trials
- Is proven safe through dozens of safety studies and long-term human consumption
- Provides potent antioxidant activity*
- Promotes healthy aging and overall wellbeing*
- Undergoes stringent QA processes for guaranteed purity and potency
To order CLICK HERE
Turn off the Cytokine Flow to stop scoliosis progression and degeneration with scoliosis nutrition.
Research is pointing towards the immune response as the mechanism responsible for trophic (tissue) changes associated with scoliosis curvature progression. Through the process of inflammation, cytokines (proteins that are released when tissues are damaged) mediate a pro-inflammatory response that can be switched on without limitation, which ultimately leads to fatty infiltration of the concavity musculature in particular, through an immune muscle cross talk, and progressive bone and joint deformity via an immune bone cross talk.
The pro inflammatory cytokines also have an effect on the non-endcoded nuclear DNA responsible for switching genes on and off. We know this as the epigenetic response. Epigenetics factors have been shown to be controllable through nutritional changes. Below is a list of nutrients we recommend for our patients.
Univestin: A combination of botanicals clinically shown to reduce joint pain but more importantly for scoliosis patients is the mechanism in which it works. These botanicals have been shown to reduce the influence of pro-inflammatory cytokines.
Univestin Address the COX-2, 5-LOX, prostaglandins, oxidative stress and ROS production*
Joint discomfort and stiffness is caused by a complex cascading reaction to thinning joint cartilage. Many joint health ingredients attempt to tamp down the body’s natural “reaction cascade” by addressing a single mechanism-of-action (MOA), but research has shown that the body often adjusts to such single-channel solutions by activating activity in other channels.
Univestin’s patented multi-channel approach combines flavonoid-enriched plant extracts that have been clinically shown to balance activity across multiple “prongs” of the reaction cascade, soothing joint discomfort and relieving stiffness.* Scoliosis progression has been shown to involve these same metabolic pathways and clinically should be managed in a similar way.
Nutrition has been shown to be an effective way to modify cytokines levels and thereby effectively blunting the downstream effect which ultimately could lead to progression and or degeneration. Specifically Tumeric and Grape Seed Extract have been shown to reduce pro inflammatory cytokines when given in clinically significant amounts.
Quercetin Dihydrate is a Flavonoid polyphenol which is most beneficial for down-regulating inflammatory cytokines or suppressing inflammatory pathways and functions. Quercetin is considered the most diffuse nature-derived flavonol there is, showing strong effects on immunity and inflammation caused by leukocytes and other intracellular signals. Scoliosis progression is reliant on these same pathways.
Grape Seed Extract has been shown to improve bone health in animal studies, as well as being a powerful antioxidant.
Changes of Selenium, Copper, and Zinc Content in Hair and Serum of Patients with Idiopathic Scoliosis has also been reported.
Ingredients: d-a-Tocopheryl Acet 700iu, Quercetin Dihydrate, Tumeric, Grape Seed Ext ,Vit D 3 2000IU, Selenomethionine, Copper Citrate, Manganese chelazome zinc glyciate chelate citric acid fine granular anhydr Vit K2, Sunflower Lecithin, aquamin (Marine Algae)
*these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, furthermore this product is not meant do diagnose or treat any condition and should not be taken without the consultation with your physician.
February 21, 2018
- Promote Estrogenic effects on bone
- Supports Bone Mineral Density providing 680mg of Strontium Citrate
- Aids in the mineralization and maturation of bone cells
- Provides fast & effective PTH suppression and Bone protection.
To order CLICK HERE
November 7, 2017
Scoliosis Progression and the Immune Response; Can Supplements Help?
Scoliosis has long been treated as an orthopedic condition, with limited success. Researchers continually provide validation that scoliosis is much more than a curvature of the spine, most recently, the British Medical Journal published a study entitled, “Understanding the role of the Immune System in Adolescent Scoliosis: Immunometabolic Connections to Scoliosis..” The study’s aim was to identify the mechanisms of how inflammation caused fibrosis (scaring) and remodeling (fatty infiltration of the concavity musculature), and how the cascade of the immune response is associated with progression of the scoliosis. The authors discuss the cross talk communication between the circulating immune cells (macrophages) and the muscle. This same cross talk communication happens between the bone cells (osteocytes) and macrophages.
The study highlights the importance of having an appropriate immune response and how inflammation can be tipped towards overreaction through intermediary proteins called cytokines. Successful Scoliosis treatment without surgery necessitates that the immune response be curtailed or influenced through diet and lifestyle modifications. Supplementation directed toward cytokine management may provide a missing piece of the puzzle to successful outcomes.
Functional Medicine offers a clinical solution to control cytokine production, in particular, the down regulation of pro inflammatory cytokines may provide the clinician with help to tip the scales in the patients favor.
Here are a few basic concepts that everyone can benefit from.
- Vitamin D is a hormone that is produced and used by the Osteocytes (bone Stem Cells). Low Vitamin D drives the Osteocytes to become Osteoclasts, which break down the bone matrix. This is significant if your lab results reveal low Vit D, and especially if you have low bone density for Age. Supplementing with Vit D and its co-factors like Vitamin K2 is important especially if your lab levels indicate.
- Curcumin (Tumeric) and Resveratrol are well known supplements with many potential benefits. Studies have shown these compounds effectively modulate the immune response to reduce overproduction of pro inflammatory cytokines.
- Trizomal Glutathinone is a master antioxidant and can become depleted when cytokine production is high. Replacing Glutathione through supplementation can aid in reducing the ongoing inflammatory process associated with progressive Scoliosis.
- Strontium Citrate is a compound with very similar properties to Calcium. Strontium supplementation has been shown to improve bone density and may be safer than Calcium supplementation (for men). Strontium should be recommended by a professional as it competes with calcium for absorption and timing of dosing will have a significant effect on its absorbability.
This post is not meant to be a prescription for supplements. Bring this to your provider and discuss if this type of medicine is right for you. Comprehensive Blood work may uncover more ways to better help you and we always encourage you work with a trained profession. To learn more contact us for a phone consultation.
July 13, 2017 • Sticky Post
What is a Scoliosis Epigenetic Diet?
Scoliosis is considered an orthopedic disease, however researchers have shown successful scoliosis treatment is dependent upon epigenetic factors and not the predetermined genetics. Scoliosis progression has been linked to low bone density for age, Osteopenia and Osteoporosis, and therefore should be a clinical target but rarely is. Other dietary deficiencies have been identified to be epigenetic triggers of disease, like low vitamin D, or low Vit B2. Diet and supplementation can effectively reduce your risk of scoliosis progression regardless of you age or if you are currently receiving orthopedic treatment. An Epigenetic Diet plan can reduce an adolescents risk of progression during puberty, and can improve conditions such as ammenorhea and Osteopenia.